What Information is Collected and How It is Used
We may collect contact information such as name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and company name on our Site. We use this information to respond to your direct inquiry and to send you communications, electronically or otherwise, which may include newsletters, coupons and notices.
For job applicants, current/former employees, independent contractors and owners/directors/officers of PlantTape Inc., we collect information: (l) required by law to verify and report employment and service authorization, earnings and other mandated data to the government (e.g., payroll taxes); (2) to respond in case of an emergency; and (3) to administer benefits, services and employment as necessary to fulfill our business purpose. The information collected may include real name, alias, physical address, mailing address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number or other similar identifiers; bank account information; characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law; commercial information, including records of personal property; biometric information; health/insurance/beneficiary information; internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g., username/password); geolocation data; financial information (e.g., wages, 401 (k) loans); other professional or employment related information; educational information; and inferences drawn from any of the information identified.
We DO NOT SELL your personally identifiable information.
The Site contains links to other websites. Please note that other websites’ privacy policies may differ from those of PlantTape Inc. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of any website you may visit.
Cookies and Other Tracking Methods
How to Access and Request Update / Deletion of User Information
Upon your verified request and the applicability of legal provisions at that time, PlantTape Inc. shall consider updating or deleting your name, e-mail and other contact information located in our database. To make a request of PlantTape Inc, regarding your personal information call toll free 1.888.272.6828. Information shall then be updated / deleted as soon as reasonably possible after you send your request.
Exception: PlantTape Inc. will not delete information required to be maintained for legal purposes, for its defense, or that is consistent with the internal purpose for which it was collected.
Notification of Changes
If we are going to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection through this Site, we will notify you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in this different manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already collected through our Site, we will post a prominent notice on our Site notifying users of the change.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
We support the CCPA, effective January l, 2020, and we ensure that all our services comply with its provisions.
We are fully committed to our user’s rights to privacy and personal data protection. We do not sell or disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties.
As a California resident, you have rights to control the use and sale of your personal data including:
- The right to request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal information disclose to the consumer the categories and specific pieces of personal information the business has collected.
- The right to request that a business delete any personal information about the consumer, which the business has collected from the consumer.
- The right to request that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose to the consumer the following:
- The categories of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
- The right to request that a business that sells the consumer’s personal information, or that discloses it for a business purpose, disclose to the consumer:
- The categories of personal information that the business collected about the consumer.
- The categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
- The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
- The right, at any time, to direct a business that sells personal information about the consumer to third parties not to sell the consumer’s personal information. This right may be referred to as the right to opt-out.
Commencing January 1, 2021 , the foregoing provisions of the CCPA shall be applicable to job applicants, current/former employees, independent contractors and owners/directors/officers of PlantTape Inc. who are California residents.
A business shall not discriminate or retaliate against a consumer because the consumer exercised any of the consumer’s rights under this title.
The full text of the CCPA can be found at California Civil Code §§ 1798.100 – 1798.199.
To make a request of PlantTape Inc, regarding your personal information call toll free 1.888.272.6828.