Senior Accounting Analyst
Our Company: Originally developed in Spain, PlantTape was acquired by Tanimura & Antle in 2014 for technical development and commercialization in the United States and United Kingdom. The PlantTape automated transplanting system is ideal for agricultural producers aiming for increased efficiency and productivity in their operations. The system is more efficient than the conventional transplanting methods using plugs and soil blocks. PlantTape offers a fully integrated system from sowing the tape, to germination and nursery care, to transplanting in the field. PlantTape is commercially used to plant lettuces, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, onions, tomatoes, cabbage, hemp, and other crops are currently on trial.
Location: Hollister, CA
The Role: The Senior Accounting Analyst role offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced growing environment, surrounded by an innovative and ambitious team. The Senior Accounting Analyst is responsible for performing a variety of accounting functions requiring accuracy and professional competency while adhering to deadlines. The Senior Accounting Analyst position tackles all areas of accounting, supply chain, and operations. This role will collaborate with department leaders on streamlining production processes, provide crucial financial information for executive decision-making and interacts with a global team.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist Controller in performing period-end and year-end close activities including account analysis, journal entries (e.g., including foreign currency transactions, translations, and eliminations). Assist in resolving issues as needed to ensure consolidated financials are complete and accurate for domestic and foreign subsidiaries
- Maintain and balance general ledger accounts by verifying, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain and research applicable sales tax rates for invoicing. Prepare sales/use tax accruals and assist in providing data for tax return related requests by tax preparers.
- Review customer rental contracts and set up monthly billings. Follow-up on contract status at the end of term. Assist in reviewing revenue related contracts for compliance with revenue recognition guidelines to determine appropriate accounting treatment.
- Assist sales team in performing cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs. Prepare sales quotes as requested.
- Correspond with other departments to provide required approvals, documentation and ensure proper accounting for payables, receivables and capital expenditures.
- Support the collection efforts, research account disputes and billing discrepancies. Prepare intercompany and advance payment billings as needed, and monitor cash payments required for releasing shipments.
- Maintain accurate inventory records, including; standard costs of finished goods, material usage, cycle counting, physical inventories, accounting for obsolete inventory.
- Prepare billings of transplanter and parts sales.
- Maintain item master setup for new raw material, packaging, and FG items; create and maintain production bill of materials.
- Coordinate international wire approvals, transfers and submit to the treasury manager.
- Assist with forecasting and annual consolidated budget.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from a four-year university and at least 4 years’ of experience in accounting preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have good written and verbal interpersonal skills to communicate and work with, colleagues, supervisor, management, and external stakeholders.
- Must have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra (e.g., fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions) to practical situations.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Be able to independently manage multiple high priority tasks simultaneously and juggle multiple people’s demands with limited supervision. Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Promotes a positive Company image, and supports the PlantTape efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must understand overall Company priorities.
- Must have a strong understanding of accounting theory.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track, follow-up and complete tasks.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.