Equipment Service Technician
Working with PlantTape customers to provide professional support for their equipment ensuring they are reaching the maximum potential and efficiencies of PlantTape. Have a complete understanding of the PlantTape equipment and be able to troubleshoot and fix problems in a timely manner via in field visits, phone or email.
Complete understanding of the PlantTape systems
- Work with current customers, mechanics and manufacturer to quickly gain comprehensive knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems related to the PlantTape transplanters.
- Knowledge of transplanter adjustments to maximize in field performance.
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix problems related to the PlantTape transplanters.
Customer Service Calls
- In field visits to quickly address and fix issues with local customers.
- Phone or email troubleshooting for customers where a field visit is not feasible.
- Respond to issues by quickly sourcing and coordinating the delivery of needed parts to customers.
- In some cases travel both domestically and internationally may be needed for onsite maintenance, modifications or repairs to equipment.
Manage PlantTape shop and spare parts
- Maintain a clean and functional workshop to build, maintain and repair PlantTape planters and modules.
- Manage inventory of transplanters and transplanter modules.
- Work with Parts Manager to insure we have the needed parts and proper inventory to service our customer’s needs.
- Have a good knowledge of each part and its application and function on the machine.
- Assist customers in identifying common wear items and managing their own spare inventory of commonly used parts.
Initial delivery, set up and training for new equipment
- Ability to travel within North America for customer deliveries and be on location 1 week if needed to set up, train and assist with new transplant equipment.
- Understand the customer’s specific needs and how to best configure the planter and modules to meet those needs.
- Provide basic maintenance and operation training to customers employees (mechanics & operators).
- Advanced mechanical skills
- Basic welding skills a plus
- Good work ethic
- Strong positive attitude
- Self starter
- Ability to travel on short notice
- Ability to travel internationally (passport required, no DUI)