PlantTape is an automated transplanting system aimed at reducing costs and labor for vegetable growers. The PlantTape process is built around a biodegradable tape that holds seeds and seedlings. The tape facilitates ease of sowing, efficient nursery operations and automated transplanting. With one of the most progressive and innovative automated transplanters on the market, PlantTape now has over 100 machines operating globally.
Location: Hollister, CA
Support all aspects of PlantTape’s global business with engineering problem analysis and problem solving. The role involves support of agricultural equipment used in the field, as well as factory-based production equipment. The position is based in Hollister, CA, but PlantTape equipment is located in several locations across North America, Europe and the UK. Primarily, the role involves identifying problems in existing equipment, and working to solutions to improve performance, quality or adaptability. In many cases, formal R&D projects will ensue and the successful candidate is expected to also manage those projects to completion, working with resources both in the US and Spain. “Emergency” support will occasionally be required for failed equipment, needed to be back on line in minimal time.
- Must have an undergraduate engineering degree (prefer general, industrial, mechanical, electrical, manufacturing or systems).
- Minimum of two years of engineering experience.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Solidworks.
- Spoken Spanish is a benefit.
- Self-driven, with a demonstrated drive and ability to handle engineering problems, and deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative, as required to solve a wide range of problems.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplined teams, prioritize and manage projects.
- Must be willing to travel, and work in outside environments.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain good project records, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and report project statuses and summaries to projects teams and senior management.
- Promotes a positive Company image, and supports the PlantTape efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.