Parts Inventory Specialist
PlantTape is an automated transplanting system aimed at reducing costs and labor for vegetable growers. The PlantTape process is built around a biodegradable tape that holds seeds and seedlings. The tape facilitates ease of sowing, efficient nursery operations and automated transplanting. With one of the most progressive and innovative automated transplanters on the market, PlantTape now has over 100 machines operating globally.
Location: Hollister, CA
The Parts Inventory Specialist role offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced growing environment, surrounded by an innovative and ambitious team. The Parts Specialist position will be responsible for ensuring the proper handling of parts for customer sales and for repair and maintenance services. In addition, the Parts Inventory Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of inventory functions requiring inventory accuracy while adhering to deadlines. The Inventory Specialist position tackles all areas of inventory management: receiving, shipping, cycle counting, inventory tracking and processing warranty claims
Areas of Responsibility:
- Receives purchases and creates purchase orders.
- Maintains receipts and sales in Inventory system.
- Finalizes Parts Sales invoices in Inventory system.
- Perform cycle counts of inventory and prepare inventory adjustments.
- Reconcile physical inventory count to computer-generated reports for Accounting.
- Processes and packages customer orders.
- Delivers packaged customer orders to local shippers (UPS or Federal Express) as necessary.
- Delivers packaged customer orders to local growers as directed.
- Process warranty paperwork for returned merchandise.
- Tracks inventory stock levels and orders parts to replenish stocks as necessary.
- Track incoming and outgoing products and investigate problems.
- Provide inventory control reports as required and weekly summaries to the sales group on activity.
- Maintain adequate storage for warehouse and on-site inventory.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to inventory target levels
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience in inventory, distribution, and operational procedures
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office (in particular excel spreadsheets), database software, internet software, and the ability to learn proprietary inventory software.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and have great attention to detail.
Knowledge of agriculture and/or equipment parts a plus
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Mechanical aptitude and a desire to understand parts components and their function.
- Must be willing to work irregular hours and travel occasionally.