Special Projects Intern
PlantTape is an automated transplanting system aimed at reducing costs and labor for vegetable growers. The PlantTape process is built around a biodegradable tape that holds seeds and seedlings. The tape facilitates ease of sowing, efficient nursery operations and automated transplanting. With one of the most progressive and innovative automated transplanters on the market, PlantTape now has over 100 machines operating globally.
Location: Salinas, California
In this role, work with various new and ongoing projects to help develop and improve PlantTape’s processes and products. This will require you to work closely with the Special Projects Coordinator to carry out tasks and assignments.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Execute trials in the sowing line, greenhouse and field
- Perform stand, uniformity, usable plant counts and other key metrics for selected plantings and projects
- Assist with water and fertilizer applications in the PlantTape R&D greenhouse
- Data collection
- Create trial plans and reports
- Inputting data and maintaining a database
- Continually work to improve processes and workflow
- Report weekly on progress
- Practice good organizational skills and time management
- Capacity to work in a fast paced environment
- Assist Sales, Operations and Equipment departments as needed, this may include working on PlantTape modules or equipment
- Work collaboratively with Sales Director and Special Projects Coordinator to complete and manage projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Some travel and afterhours work required.
- Ability to prioritize while handling multiple tasks
- This employee may be occasionally required to lift or move up to 50 lbs
- This employee works in indoor as well as outdoor environments subject to moving mechanical parts