Parts and Service Technician
PlantTape is an automated transplanting system aimed at reducing costs and labor for vegetable growers. The PlantTape process is built around a biodegradable tape that holds seeds and seedlings. The tape facilitates ease of sowing, efficient nursery operations and automated transplanting. With one of the most progressive and innovative automated transplanters on the market, PlantTape now has over 100 machines operating globally.
Location: Salinas, California; Hollister, California
We are seeking an employee to process incoming and outgoing parts orders while maintaining a clean and organized inventory and shop space. This person will support transplanter equipment projects as well as have knowledge of transplanter adjustments to maximize in field performance and the ability to troubleshoot and fix problems related to the PlantTape transplanters.
Pay Range: $17.00 – $25.50 per hour
Areas of Responsibility:
- Receive customer parts orders, process orders in the inventory system and package the order in a timely manner
- Deliver packaged customer part orders to local growers if necessary
- Deliver packaged customer part orders to local shippers (UPS or FedEx) as necessary
- Create purchase orders in the PlantTape parts system and receive parts purchases
- Finalize parts sales invoices in the inventory system
- Maintain a neat and orderly inventory and parts storage area
- Track inventory stock levels and order parts to replenish stocks as necessary
- Perform full inventory cycle counts once per month, perform inventory adjustments if necessary
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems
- Travel to the field, if necessary, to quickly address and fix issues with local customers
- Quickly respond to issues by sourcing and coordinating the delivery of needed parts to customers
- Maintain a clean functional work shop to build, maintain and repair PlantTape modules and Equipment.
- Help manage inventory of transplanter equipment
- Have good knowledge of each part and its application and function on the PlantTape machine
- Assist customers in identifying common wear items
- Assist in initial delivery, set up and training for new customers and equipment if necessary
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Some travel and afterhours work required.
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Must have basic Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Ability to travel internationally (passport required, no DUI)
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and have great attention to detail
- Knowledge of agriculture and/or equipment is a plus
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- The employee is required to lift up to 75 pounds unaided
- Employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand
- This employee works in indoor as well as outdoor environment subject to moving mechanical parts